Welcome to the RALI MBS Litigation Settlement Website
You are a Class Member if you:
PURCHASED OR OTHERWISE ACQUIRED BENEFICIAL INTERESTS IN ANY OF THE FOLLOWING CERTIFICATES AND WERE ALLEGEDLY DAMAGED THEREBY: RESIDENTIAL ACCREDIT LOANS, INC. (“RALI”) SERIES 2007-QS1, RALI SERIES 2007-QO4, RALI SERIES 2007-QH4, RALI SERIES 2006-QO7, RALI SERIES 2007-QS5, RALI SERIES 2006-QS7, RALI SERIES 2007-QO2, RALI SERIES 2006-QS11, RALI SERIES 2007-QS4, RALI SERIES 2006-QA4, RALI SERIES 2006-QA6, RALI SERIES 2006-QA7, RALI SERIES 2006-QA8, RALI SERIES 2006-QA10, RALI SERIES 2006-QA11, RALI SERIES 2007-QA1, RALI SERIES 2007-QA2, RALI SERIES 2007-QO3, RALI SERIES 2007-QA3, RALI SERIES 2007-QA5, RALI SERIES 2007-QH8, RALI SERIES 2007-QH9, RALI SERIES 2007-QO5, RALI SERIES 2007-QS11, RALI SERIES 2007-QS6, RALI SERIES 2006-QS8, RALI SERIES 2006-QS9, RALI SERIES 2007-QS7, RALI SERIES 2007-QH2, RALI SERIES 2007-QH5, RALI SERIES 2007-QH6, RALI SERIES 2006-QS18, RALI SERIES 2006-QO10, RALI SERIES 2006-QO3, RALI SERIES 2006-QO6, RALI SERIES 2007-QH3, RALI SERIES 2007-QS2, RALI SERIES 2006-QO9, RALI SERIES 2006-QO8, RALI SERIES 2006-QO5, RALI SERIES 2006-QA5, RALI SERIES 2006-QA9, RALI SERIES 2006-QH1, RALI SERIES 2006-QO4, RALI SERIES 2006-QS5, RALI SERIES 2006-QS16, RALI SERIES 2006-QS17, RALI SERIES 2007-QH1, RALI SERIES 2007-QO1, RALI SERIES 2007-QS3, RALI SERIES 2007-QA4, RALI SERIES 2007-QH7, RALI SERIES 2007-QS8, RALI SERIES 2007-QS10, RALI SERIES 2006-QS12, RALI SERIES 2006-QS13, RALI SERIES 2006-QS6, RALI SERIES 2007-QS9 AND RALI SERIES 2006-QS15.
- Click here to search for your CUSIP in the list of offerings above. You can also reach the CUSIP lookup screen from the ‘List of Eligible CUSIPs’ tab on the left.
The purpose of this Website is to advise you that:
- If approved by the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York (the “Court”), the Settlement will provide $100,000,000 in cash (the “Settlement Amount”) to be deposited into an interest-bearing escrow account. In order to avoid duplicative expenses to the Class, it is the Lead Plaintiff’s intention to delay payment of the Net Settlement Fund generated by this Settlement until such time as there are additional funds available for distribution or a determination is made that no further funds will be available for distribution to the Class. Thus, the Net Settlement Fund will not be distributed until after the Settlement becomes final and after the Court approves final settlements or other dispositions against or in favor of the Non-Settling Defendants. At that time, Lead Plaintiff will seek Court approval of a Plan of Allocation, which will set forth how all settlement funds (including the Net Settlement Fund and any other funds later recovered) are to be allocated among members of the Settlement Class.
- This Settlement arises from the sale of 59 series of mortgage-backed certificates that were issued by Residential Accredit Loans, Inc. (“RALI”) and sold by Residential Funding Securities Corporation and the Underwriter Defendants.
- Your legal rights are affected whether you act or do not act. Read the Notice of Pendency carefully.
|YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AND OPTIONS IN THIS SETTLEMENT|
|REMAIN A MEMBER OF THE CLASS.||This is the only way to get a payment. If you wish to obtain a payment as a member of the Settlement Class, you do not need to take any steps now, but upon further notice, will need to file a claim form (the “Claim Form”). If you fail to complete the Claim Form at that time, you will get no payment, but remain a class member and give up your rights.
In the interim, we advise that you provide updated contact information to the Claims Administrator at the email or address here.
|EXCLUDE YOURSELF FROM THE CLASS BY SUBMITTING A WRITTEN REQUEST FOR EXCLUSION SO THAT IT IS RECEIVED NO LATER THAN SEPTEMBER 16, 2013.||
Receive no payment pursuant to this Settlement. This is the only option that allows you to ever be part of any other lawsuit against any of the Settling Defendants or the other Released Parties concerning the claims that were, or could have been, asserted in this case.
If you choose to opt out and have not filed a proof of claim in the ResCap Chapter 11 Case before the bar date, upon the confirmation and effectiveness of the ResCap Chapter 11 Plan, your claims may be released.
|OBJECT TO THE SETTLEMENT BY SUBMITTING WRITTEN OBJECTIONS SO THAT THEY ARE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN SEPTEMBER 25, 2013.||
Write to the Court and explain why you do not like the proposed Settlement or any request for reimbursement of expenses. You cannot object to the Settlement unless you are a Class Member and do not exclude yourself
If you object to or request exclusion from the Settlement without also seeking and obtaining a stay of the effectiveness of the ResCap Chapter 11 Plan, any objection may be rendered moot and no remedy will be available in connection with an appeal of any order and judgment approving the Settlement.
|GO TO THE HEARING ON OCTOBER 7, 2013 AT 9:30 A.M., AND FILE A NOTICE OF INTENTION TO APPEAR SO THAT IT IS RECEIVED NO LATER THAN SEPTEMBER 25, 2013.||Ask to speak in Court about the fairness of the Settlement or any request for reimbursement of expenses.|
- These rights and options - and the deadlines to exercise them - are explained in the Notice of Pendency.